Time has flown by since beginning this internship! As grateful as I am for all that I’ve been able to learn these past few months, I am so grateful for the encouragement and friendship that has come out of it!
I will miss getting to meet with this amazing team each week, but am eager for all that’s ahead.
10 Things I learned:
1. Organization. I don’t know if y’all have heard, but Elle had over 80 SESSIONS this fall ALONE! Yes, E-I-G-H-T-Y sessions. It’s helped me see an even greater value of staying on top of things, as well as having systems in place and tools to use to keep you on top of it all.
2. MJ LOVES Topo Chico. Which makes me super happy, because Topo Chico is awesome and so is she, so it just makes sense. Yes, Topo Chico made it's way into a few of our meetings. ;)
3. Clearer understanding of shooting in manual. Being able to practice shooting manually hands on with Elle has helped me understand a whole new world of manual shooting. This is a huge win!
4. Not to doubt myself. Both Elle and MJ are amazing encouragers. Any time I would finish a newsletter for the month, or a new blog, they were always so encouraging. These girls are seriously some of the best and have helped me so much in this area!
5. Continually set goals. Elle would have us write out our goals for each month. To go back and see those things actually being accomplished was a huge motivator!
6. Teamwork makes the dream work. I have always believed in this, but seeing it in a smaller knit group was awesome! Seeing MJ’s and Elle’s skills come into play each uniquely to add value to whatever we were doing made everything that much more exciting and fun.
7. Don’t sweat the “what-if’s.” Watching how Elle would roll with the punches and operate out of trust instead of worry has begun to instill that same mindset into my heart and mind.
8. Elle and MJ have both been heavily involved in Young Life, but also found out that Elle also used to be a part of the sorority that MJ is in now. Seeing them connect over these things has been so fun and adorable!
9. Elle makes really cute kids. Ha! It’s been so fun the days that Hudson’s been able to hang out with us for a little bit. He’s definitely the cutest part of the EBP team. ;) I can’t wait to see what baby girl Boone will look like!
10. I LOVE family sessions! The way mom makes the kids giggle, the meltdowns, the flirtatious moments when mom and dad get to be alone, the unexpected ways of kids making for a really great capture… All of the mess and all of the love. It’s what makes each family unique, and I LOVE it.
We will not be taking any interns for the Spring of 2018, due to baby girl Boone's arrival, but will be taking applications this summer for Fall 2018.