I have been thinking a lot about how God is love...
One of the biggest struggles that has come with losing my dad this year, has been this thought that I have lost someone who loved me in a way that no one else ever could. No one will ever be able to love me like my dad loved his first child. I imagine he and my mom bringing me home from the hospital, sharing me with their parents, the firsts of everything, watching me struggle, watching me excel, watching me start a family.
No one will ever be able to share wisdom with me and parent me through my adulthood years. Through his 53 years of life, millions of hours farming, starting businesses, decades of friendship, losing his parents, going through divorce, remarriage…there is depth and wisdom there that no one but a father would take the time to share with his children.
No one will be able to provide the fun and opportunities to my children that I know my dad intended to do. Growing up, we spent weeks in Colorado skiing, every Sunday making the most stupid and dangerous games up with my dad and his friend, training and competing in marathons and triathlons, traveling to visit and explore new places. This winter, my dad was planning on taking Hudson to learn to ski.
I can go down this paths over and over again. This love is dead and it is never ever coming back. I think about standing over my dad’s lifeless body everyday and holding the hands who once showed me great care and love that were cold and unresponsive.
BUT GOD. The truth is that this love is not dead. The good news of God coming to Earth to save us is that He defeated the greatest enemy of death and said that it has NO power over those who believe and accept the right to become children of God.
This love that I miss in a way that my bones ache is not dead, but is alive. God gave me a father to give me just a taste of the love of the Father, who will never leave us and is longing to be reunited with us. This Father sent His son, who left us with His Spirit as a promise of the inheritance that is yet to come.
The enemy wants us to believe that love can be broken and that we can be separated from the love of God in Christ Jesus, but praise be to God who has broken down every wall for us and made us His children. Oh how rich is our inheritance.
Photos by Katie Beth Lamb.
This session was magical. It is the best when moms and dads can slow down with no worries and presently engage their kids. I love the longer family session when there is time for the little ones to play, explore, and be creative. I have fallen in love with this family and my hope is that these photos do justice to their beautiful love.
Photography: Elle Boone Photography | Wedding Planner: Mccall Guinn Events | Floral Design: Native Bloom Floral | Venue: The Prospect House | Catering: Tempura Grill | Beauty: Erica Gray Beauty | DJ : DJ Prince | Furniture: Birch and Brass | Rentals: Premier Events and Texas Hill Country Events | Day of Signage: e.b. creative
Fall Mini Sessions were a whirlwind of adventure! We photographed over 45 families in the short span of September through November, but goodness were they full of sweet smiles and real laughter.
WHY BOOK A MINI SESSION?
If you want a quick family photo update or are looking ahead to holiday Christmas cards, but you don't want to invest the full price of a family session, a mini session is a great option. Especially with kids, everyone is changing so quickly and every season is different, so mini sessions are a great option to have a handful of photos from each season. It also lessens the stress of getting small children to focus for a long photo session.
If you want to select your location, time, and date and have more time for photographs, you can schedule a family session. Fill out the contact form if that sounds more like what you are interested in.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM A MINI SESSION?
A quick, painless, fun, twenty minutes of wrangling all your kids and trying to get everyone to look at the camera at once. It is a hilarious blast! I am always smiling from ear to ear, because of the ridiculous things myself and parents will do to get kids to smile. At the end of almost every session, when I tell them we are finished, they look at me and say, "Really? That wasn't bad at all!"
WHEN ARE MINI SESSIONS OFFERED?
Only occasionally. There will always be mini sessions before Christmas for family Christmas cards and at other times throughout the year (signup up for Fort Worth April mini session here) we will do pop-up sessions for a family photo update. Sign up for the newsletter to make sure you don't miss out on mini session news and updates!
Enjoy some of my favorites below!
INTERESTED IN BOOKING A MINI SESSION?
Sign up for the Elle Boone Newsletter to stay up-to-date on upcoming mini session dates! To sign up for a mini session on either April 12th or 17th, click here.
Learn more about what it looks like to grow in motherhood and embrace the seasons that you are in, enjoy! Elle Boone Photography's blog displays her latest work-including senior pictures, engagement sessions, weddings, newborn, and maternity pictures, as well as talks about the culture and happenings in Fort Worth, Texas and beyond.
Oh man, this semester was kind of from a dream world. I was planning on having one intern and after interviews, I just sensed they both MJ and Neeli needed to be on the EBP team. The first week, I wrote out about 30 tasks and had them rank the ones they preferred from top to bottom. Not joking, they ranked the opposites tasks, (a perfect team)!!
MJ has a crazy zest for life, you can't not love this girl. She is a walking party (enneagram 7) and always has something crazy up her sleeve. I bet being one of her college friends is so fun! She is so stinking creative and bright. She has great ideas and so much to contribute. She mad us laugh and smile every week. MJ always has a bright and positive outlook and doesn't complain.
Neeli is as loyal as could be and overflowing with life and passion. If you give this girl a job, she is going to do 100%. She gave her all to every task I gave her. She is a lover and romantic. This girl is an incredible writer and is so so thorough. It is going to be such a loss to me for her to move on next semester.
I have been so blessed by this team this Fall 2017 and I don't know what I am going to do without them! I am so thankful for how our paths were drawn together for this season!
10 THINGS I LEARNED:
1. Time management is KEY for internships that are “work-from-home.”
2. Prioritizing your tasks is imperative because you cannot tackle everything in two days, HA!
3. Neeli is an AMAZING writer and can articulate her thoughts so well.
4. I love that we made a point to set goals of each month, I always make list, but I never sit down and think about what actual goals I want to accomplish.
5. Elle is so dang calm when there is so much to do, I truly hope to acquire that skill. She also has a way of making me feel that my work is valued and appreciated which is so important.
6. Family photos are quickly becoming my favorite kind of photos. The amount of making funny noises and playing peek-a-boo behind the camera to make young kids smile is hilarious.
7. Learning how each other are REALLY doing outside of work just grows your relationship passed the “co-worker” stage to real friendship.
8. Boone is probably the cutest toddler I’ve gotten to hang out with and I share his love for peanut butter pretzels.
9. Elle and I both did Young Life in college which I found out when I was applying for the internship, however I did not know that we were both in the same sorority, HA! Go Kappa!
10. Find yourself a go-to coffee shop to get work done, at EBP, Craftwork was our number one!
Time has flown by since beginning this internship! As grateful as I am for all that I’ve been able to learn these past few months, I am so grateful for the encouragement and friendship that has come out of it!
I will miss getting to meet with this amazing team each week, but am eager for all that’s ahead.
10 Things I learned:
1. Organization. I don’t know if y’all have heard, but Elle had over 80 SESSIONS this fall ALONE! Yes, E-I-G-H-T-Y sessions. It’s helped me see an even greater value of staying on top of things, as well as having systems in place and tools to use to keep you on top of it all.
2. MJ LOVES Topo Chico. Which makes me super happy, because Topo Chico is awesome and so is she, so it just makes sense. Yes, Topo Chico made it's way into a few of our meetings. ;)
3. Clearer understanding of shooting in manual. Being able to practice shooting manually hands on with Elle has helped me understand a whole new world of manual shooting. This is a huge win!
4. Not to doubt myself. Both Elle and MJ are amazing encouragers. Any time I would finish a newsletter for the month, or a new blog, they were always so encouraging. These girls are seriously some of the best and have helped me so much in this area!
5. Continually set goals. Elle would have us write out our goals for each month. To go back and see those things actually being accomplished was a huge motivator!
6. Teamwork makes the dream work. I have always believed in this, but seeing it in a smaller knit group was awesome! Seeing MJ’s and Elle’s skills come into play each uniquely to add value to whatever we were doing made everything that much more exciting and fun.
7. Don’t sweat the “what-if’s.” Watching how Elle would roll with the punches and operate out of trust instead of worry has begun to instill that same mindset into my heart and mind.
8. Elle and MJ have both been heavily involved in Young Life, but also found out that Elle also used to be a part of the sorority that MJ is in now. Seeing them connect over these things has been so fun and adorable!
9. Elle makes really cute kids. Ha! It’s been so fun the days that Hudson’s been able to hang out with us for a little bit. He’s definitely the cutest part of the EBP team. ;) I can’t wait to see what baby girl Boone will look like!
10. I LOVE family sessions! The way mom makes the kids giggle, the meltdowns, the flirtatious moments when mom and dad get to be alone, the unexpected ways of kids making for a really great capture… All of the mess and all of the love. It’s what makes each family unique, and I LOVE it.
We will not be taking any interns for the Spring of 2018, due to baby girl Boone's arrival, but will be taking applications this summer for Fall 2018.
Have you ever wondered what REALLY goes on behind Elle Boone Photography? In this blog, we peel back the curtain to show you how we truly run EBP! Elle Boone Photography's blog displays her latest work-including senior pictures, engagement sessions, weddings, newborn, and maternity pictures, as well as talks about the culture and happenings in Fort Worth, Texas and beyond.
Marriage is hard work, but it’s the best hard work you will ever do. What a sweet family session the Holdorff's were, enjoy! Elle Boone Photography's blog displays her latest work-including senior pictures, engagement sessions, weddings, newborn, and maternity pictures, as well as talks about the culture and happenings in Fort Worth, Texas and beyond.
Preparing a party? Look no further for your perfect check list to make sure your next event is a HIT! Elle Boone Photography's blog displays her latest work-including senior pictures, engagement sessions, weddings, newborn, and maternity pictures, as well as talks about the culture and happenings in Fort Worth, Texas and beyond.
It is the actions we take to reach out with a tender touch to affirm love and care to those around us. This is what brings about the magic and delight of the Christmas season. Show this magic and delight in your Christmas cards this holiday season! What a sweet family session the Holdorff's were, enjoy! Elle Boone Photography's blog displays her latest work-including senior pictures, engagement sessions, weddings, newborn, and maternity pictures, as well as talks about the culture and happenings in Fort Worth, Texas and beyond.
Here's a list of fun things to do that don't break the bank and allow you to immerse yourself into the good ole Fort Worth. Elle Boone Photography's blog displays her latest work-including senior pictures, engagement sessions, weddings, newborn, and maternity pictures, as well as talks about the culture and happenings in Fort Worth, Texas and beyond.