The two older girls are so excited to have a little brother with the sweet gift of Rowan entering the world!
The stars aligned perfectly for this session to happen. We had to reschedule last minute, because of sick kids, but it turned out to be the most perfect evening with a West Texas storm rolling in. These boys could not have been more tender and sweet with each other and their parents. It was a joy to capture this family again with a new, cute and rolly member.
It’s almost been one year since we welcomed our sweet Lucy into the world. Hudson was induced one week past his due date, so she was quite a surprise when she came three weeks early on my birthday! I was at dinner with my friends celebrating my birthday, when my contractions started. I didn’t tell anyone, because I thought I might be being dramatic. When I got home, Michael had a friend over. I waited until his friend left and then told him that I thought we might be going to the hospital that night. I put Hudson to bed and cried the whole time, knowing that my time of just him and me was over. I read him his books, tucked him in bed, took a shower, cried more, and then when I couldn’t talk anymore we decided that we needed to go to the hospital.
We loaded Hudson in the car to take him to my moms, jammed “Thunder” the short drive to the hospital, and checked in. The nurses tried to stop my labor, by having me rest and drink water, but soon after we arrived, I got an epidural. The second delivery was so different from the first, which had been natural, exhausting, painful, and such a beautiful experience. When we arrived at the hospital with Lucy, I knew that I didn’t have it in me at that time. I just didn’t have the energy. My epidural set in and Michael and I rested, knowing the days ahead would be difficult (with no days off for Michael) and then Lucy peacefully and sweetly entered the world. (The doctor let Michael deliver her). She weighed almost two pounds less than Hudson at 6lb 9oz.
God knew that we needed the sweet, most snuggly, sleepiest little doll baby for 2018. Every month following was jam packed with two of my siblings weddings, a best friend’s sons hospital stay and death, my dad’s death, and our own kids health issues. This little birthday present of Lucy Bennett Boone has eased our spirits at every turn this year as we spent a good portion of the year driving back and forth across Texas with so much life happening. In the days after my dad’s death, my kids have been such a gift making us get up as the day dawns, making us laugh, play, get outside, and keep going. Lucy has ministered to us so much through her contentment, trust, and sensitivity.
God has blessed us immensely. He knows what is next for each of us and with death and life in each hand He is good and He overcomes. I am excited to celebrate our little doll baby. I will always remember Lucy’s first year with such a mix of the greatest joys and the most devastating losses. We love you sweet girl, thankful for a God that holds it all in his hands.
Photos by myself and my friend Neeli Brisky at Eucharisteo Films.
This session was magical. It is the best when moms and dads can slow down with no worries and presently engage their kids. I love the longer family session when there is time for the little ones to play, explore, and be creative. I have fallen in love with this family and my hope is that these photos do justice to their beautiful love.
Learn more about what it looks like to grow in motherhood and embrace the seasons that you are in, enjoy! Elle Boone Photography's blog displays her latest work-including senior pictures, engagement sessions, weddings, newborn, and maternity pictures, as well as talks about the culture and happenings in Fort Worth, Texas and beyond.
Oh man, this semester was kind of from a dream world. I was planning on having one intern and after interviews, I just sensed they both MJ and Neeli needed to be on the EBP team. The first week, I wrote out about 30 tasks and had them rank the ones they preferred from top to bottom. Not joking, they ranked the opposites tasks, (a perfect team)!!
MJ has a crazy zest for life, you can't not love this girl. She is a walking party (enneagram 7) and always has something crazy up her sleeve. I bet being one of her college friends is so fun! She is so stinking creative and bright. She has great ideas and so much to contribute. She mad us laugh and smile every week. MJ always has a bright and positive outlook and doesn't complain.
Neeli is as loyal as could be and overflowing with life and passion. If you give this girl a job, she is going to do 100%. She gave her all to every task I gave her. She is a lover and romantic. This girl is an incredible writer and is so so thorough. It is going to be such a loss to me for her to move on next semester.
I have been so blessed by this team this Fall 2017 and I don't know what I am going to do without them! I am so thankful for how our paths were drawn together for this season!
10 THINGS I LEARNED:
1. Time management is KEY for internships that are “work-from-home.”
2. Prioritizing your tasks is imperative because you cannot tackle everything in two days, HA!
3. Neeli is an AMAZING writer and can articulate her thoughts so well.
4. I love that we made a point to set goals of each month, I always make list, but I never sit down and think about what actual goals I want to accomplish.
5. Elle is so dang calm when there is so much to do, I truly hope to acquire that skill. She also has a way of making me feel that my work is valued and appreciated which is so important.
6. Family photos are quickly becoming my favorite kind of photos. The amount of making funny noises and playing peek-a-boo behind the camera to make young kids smile is hilarious.
7. Learning how each other are REALLY doing outside of work just grows your relationship passed the “co-worker” stage to real friendship.
8. Boone is probably the cutest toddler I’ve gotten to hang out with and I share his love for peanut butter pretzels.
9. Elle and I both did Young Life in college which I found out when I was applying for the internship, however I did not know that we were both in the same sorority, HA! Go Kappa!
10. Find yourself a go-to coffee shop to get work done, at EBP, Craftwork was our number one!
Time has flown by since beginning this internship! As grateful as I am for all that I’ve been able to learn these past few months, I am so grateful for the encouragement and friendship that has come out of it!
I will miss getting to meet with this amazing team each week, but am eager for all that’s ahead.
10 Things I learned:
1. Organization. I don’t know if y’all have heard, but Elle had over 80 SESSIONS this fall ALONE! Yes, E-I-G-H-T-Y sessions. It’s helped me see an even greater value of staying on top of things, as well as having systems in place and tools to use to keep you on top of it all.
2. MJ LOVES Topo Chico. Which makes me super happy, because Topo Chico is awesome and so is she, so it just makes sense. Yes, Topo Chico made it's way into a few of our meetings. ;)
3. Clearer understanding of shooting in manual. Being able to practice shooting manually hands on with Elle has helped me understand a whole new world of manual shooting. This is a huge win!
4. Not to doubt myself. Both Elle and MJ are amazing encouragers. Any time I would finish a newsletter for the month, or a new blog, they were always so encouraging. These girls are seriously some of the best and have helped me so much in this area!
5. Continually set goals. Elle would have us write out our goals for each month. To go back and see those things actually being accomplished was a huge motivator!
6. Teamwork makes the dream work. I have always believed in this, but seeing it in a smaller knit group was awesome! Seeing MJ’s and Elle’s skills come into play each uniquely to add value to whatever we were doing made everything that much more exciting and fun.
7. Don’t sweat the “what-if’s.” Watching how Elle would roll with the punches and operate out of trust instead of worry has begun to instill that same mindset into my heart and mind.
8. Elle and MJ have both been heavily involved in Young Life, but also found out that Elle also used to be a part of the sorority that MJ is in now. Seeing them connect over these things has been so fun and adorable!
9. Elle makes really cute kids. Ha! It’s been so fun the days that Hudson’s been able to hang out with us for a little bit. He’s definitely the cutest part of the EBP team. ;) I can’t wait to see what baby girl Boone will look like!
10. I LOVE family sessions! The way mom makes the kids giggle, the meltdowns, the flirtatious moments when mom and dad get to be alone, the unexpected ways of kids making for a really great capture… All of the mess and all of the love. It’s what makes each family unique, and I LOVE it.
We will not be taking any interns for the Spring of 2018, due to baby girl Boone's arrival, but will be taking applications this summer for Fall 2018.
Ten Brands to Shop
So, I have been on the hunt to find reliable brands to help you to dress your littles for your family photo session. It was so fun and also overwhelming to browse the world wide web looking for children's clothing. There are so many crafty and creative designers out there right now, so where do you start? I looked through a lot of websites and a lot of Instagram feeds and came up with these ten soft, whimsical, and creative designers. Prepare yourself.
The websites below offer so many hip, cute dresses, overalls, moccasins, bonnets, and vests, that are great for little ones taking family pictures. These brands are dreaming up such creative, quality products that have the most precious look.
Take a look through these websites to shop for your next family photo session. Comment below and tell me which site is your favorite... (I know mine!!)
I want to have my family photos taken...
If you would like to have your family photos taken this year, there is one last mini session date on November 14th, click the link for more information.
If you would like to have a full family session photographed, with a flexible date and custom location, fill out the contact form.
If you want to shop the looks in person...
If you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I have found some or many of these brands are offered at the following stores.